Explore letters, words, rhyming, and stories with Bailey's Book House.
Bailey's Book House - Designed by early learning experts, Bailey's Book House encourages young children to build important literacy skills, while developing a love for reading. In seven interactive activities, Bailey and his friends invite learners to explore the sounds and meanings of letters, words, rhymes, and stories. Students design greeting cards and invitations, make stories and print booklets, create "new" Mother Goose rhymes, animate animals that begin with every letter of the alphabet, and learn three-letter words at the carnival.
* Intuitive interface allows young students to interact with the program independently
* All letters, words, and sentences are presented in a meaningful context
* Graphical and spoken instructions allow pre-readers to use the program
* Explore & Discover and Question & Answer modes provide opportunities for independent and structured learning
* A special highlighting technique encourages students to follow words from left to right as they hear them read aloud
* Positive gentle feedback, guidance, and natural prompts provide encouragement to students
Master Simple Prepositions
Where's Edmo? It's up to you! Direct the action and send Edmo & Houdini over, under, in, out, off and on the doghouse.
Learn Three-Letter Carnival
Sound out words at the Three-Letter Carnival! Group animals and objects by names that rhyme, or group them by names that begin with the same letter.
Learn the Alphabet
Learn your ABCs with the animated, talking Letter Machine. At the touch of a letter, dinosaurs dance and rhinos roller-skate!
Make Your Own Rhymes
Rub a dub dub, three kids in a shrub? Mother Goose rhymes take a new twist when you become a poet in Read-A-Rhyme.
Make a card for any occasion with Kid Cards. You can decorate and print your own colorful creations.
Create Your Own Story
Become an author as you send Bailey's friends on wonderful adventures. Your stories-filled with spaceships, flying carpets, jungles and monsters-can be printed and folded into storybooks.
Select words to describe your friend's hair, eyes, nose, mouth, arms, and feet. You'll learn common adjectives and build descriptive phrases as you watch your friend change.
* Learn Names of Letters
* Recognize Uppercase and Lowercase Letters
* Recognize Rhyming Words
* Sound Out Word Beginnings and Endings
* Learn and Use Common Adjectives and Prepositions
* Build Sentences
* Increase Reading Vocabulary
* Print Your Own Work
[Click picture to enlarge]
Windows 95/98, Me, 2000 (Windows 8, Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit), Vista - as tested by Children's Software Online)
Macintosh 7.0.1-OS X (in Classic Mode)
Other items you might want to order:
Item Number: 170
Availability: In Stock
Product Weight: 0.5 lbs.